Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Happy New Year...I can't believe it is 2012. I have been thinking a lot about my wishes for the new year and I am excited to have the best year yet!

Here is a photo of some of the things that were on my table this Holiday season. 
I decorated with red, white and silver this year and loved how it turned out.
The antique coasters are black and white photos of my grandmother and are so special to me.


This year I planted paper whites in small white pots I bought at Ikea as a centerpiece for my table. 
I love how they turned out and my whole house smells delicious!



If you plant bulbs over a period of a couple weeks they will be delayed, 
giving you continuous blooms all winter long.


I love paper whites, they are such delicate flowers. They are so easy to grow too. 
I planted some in glass vases with water and it has been so much fun to watch them grow.


I also planted an amaryllis bulb and displayed it in a glass canister from Pottery Barn. 
What a beautiful New Years surprise to see it blooming today!




I think the best things in life are the little moments that you create to make your home more beautiful and more comfortable. This year I hope to stop and enjoy the precious moments with friends and family!

Happy New Year, here's to the best year yet!


1 comment:

  1. Love your paperwhites too Blaise! I look forward to planting every year.

    Thanks for stopping by - my new job is with an architecture firm designing commercial interiors (lots of schools, healthcare, and other corporate projects). I was with a similar firm for 12 years before this, so I am really excited for a change.

    Hope 2012 is off to a good start for you!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete