Monday, November 28, 2011

Dream Home: Mid-Century Modern With A Twist

 The dream home I wanted to share with you today comes from Jessica Helgerson Interior Design, in Portland, Oregon. I was so excited to share photos of this mid-century modern home. I think it is a wonderful example of reinventing a traditional ranch style home into something ethereal and serene. The house has amazing architectural bones and the talented Miss Helgerson always maintains integrity to the original design.

I would love to hear what you think of this design! I think it is fantastic...


A black and white color scheme is very crisp and classic. 
The accents of green and natural materials add an organic element to the spaces.


Gotta love the storage in this huge island. Everything has a place in this kitchen!


This wallpaper is so perfect for this home, adding a touch of nature and whimsy. 
I really like the wall mounted faucet, saves precious counter space.


I love symmetry in interior design. 
The split vanity and mirror mounted faucets are so practical for "his" and "hers". I love the use of an unexpected material on the cabinets. Kirei board is an engineered product made from the stalks of sorghum which is a unique and fast growing grain.


Look how sweet the child's room is? I wish I could see more photos...I imagine it is fab.


All photos courtesy of Jessica Helgerson Interior Design. Be sure to check out the other amazing designs from Jessica Helgerson Interior Design, she is very inspiring to me as an interior designer.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment